Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Another Bug Dream

I must have an intense aversion to bugs. They communicate a lot to me.

I dreamt that one of my children opened up a box of cereal. It was the kind of cereal that has flakes made from a particular grain along with dehydrated strawberries.  As I poured the cereal into a bowl, I noticed a bug in the cereal. I almost missed it because it closely resembled one of the strawberries. I picked it out and continued preparing the cereal for consumption. My finding the bug, however, was not to be an isolated incident. I quickly spotted a couple more.

Not. Ok.

I stopped preparing the cereal and took a much slower and methodical approach to its examination. As I looked closer, there were maggots in the cereal and smaller adult bugs. They were almost completely camouflaged and their movement was virtually imperceptible. Although I didn’t see it, I was made aware of the insects’ excrement throughout the box. There was no way of salvaging any portion of the cereal and I immediately threw all of it into the trash.