Monday, November 30, 2020

You Are Weak

 2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.

3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again. (3 Nephi 17)

I am thankful for the fact that the Lord knows when we are weak. I’m thankful that he’s not afraid to call a spade a spade and tell us that we are weak. He knows when our understanding is lacking and he gives us the time and space to ponder what he has already given us and to go directly to the Father, in his name, for increased understanding. He is patient with us. He gives us what is possible for us to make sense of without completely overwhelming us (even though it can feel completely overwhelming). He doesn’t dump every bit of information on us. He lovingly withholds. He gives us time to closely examine what is right before us for the sole purpose of having us prepare to receive more. I love that the Lord ends these verses by telling the people of his intention to come back—that there is more to be had from him if we are diligent in receiving what we have already been given.