Sunday, December 10, 2023

Symbolism in the Sacrifices of the Law of Moses—A Nice Companion Video

Just this past week, I was telling someone how, in the past, the Lord has prompted me to put up preliminary blogposts that introduce a main topic that I think he wants me to write about in a subsequent blogpost, only to teach me more in the process of writing, to the point where what I learn is very different from what I originally thought I would write. There have even been times when I have been prompted to say nothing about my original thoughts. And then last night, I told the same person how my last post kind of followed that pattern and that I could totally see the same thing happening again in writing about the sacrifices in the law of Moses, even though I hoped it wouldn’t because I feel so strongly about the importance of what I was going to share and about how it could help people in their understanding of God and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well, guess what. :)

I still plan on writing up many (if not, all) of my thoughts, but it might take a bit to integrate new thoughts I am having. And they may or may not be in the next blogpost. We will see.

In the meantime, a new video dropped last night on Rob Smith’s UpwardThought YouTube channel that I thought would make a great “extra credit” video to my last blogpost. Understanding the sacrifices found in the law of Moses really requires us to have a better idea of what the experience of participating in those ordinances was really like for the people who lived at that time, and Rob does a great job of communicating aspects of that.

And as an addendum to my last post, I should also say that another thing that keeps us from understanding the sacrifices of the law of Moses is an incorrect understanding of reality and the gospel of Jesus Christ. There shouldn’t be any surprise there, really. If the law of Moses was intended to be a schoolmaster, how can one accurately see the value in any aspect of it when you have inaccurate ideas regarding both reality and the process that governs and facilitates all improvement within that reality such that you are unable to see the intended analogous relationships between all of those things clearly?

And, with that, I’ll just close with a recommendation, once again, to checkout the rest of Rob’s UpwardThought YouTube channelhis blog, and his books (which can be found in different formats on his blog and on Amazon). The instruction gained from many of the materials he produces will help individuals gain a more accurate understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ and will, consequently, help them more clearly see the symbolism in many aspects of the law of Moses—not just the sacrifices.